Thursday, October 14, 2010

Our Little (and I mean REALLY little) Baby!!!

On Monday Sam and I went to the doctor for our first ultrasound. We were both really nervous that morning... Until we saw our baby, that is!!


It was such a relief to see that everything was perfect. The baby even moved around for us!! The poor nurse had a hard time measuring it because it wouldn't stop wiggling. This is my favorite picture because I think it shows the most detail - arms, legs, tummy, face, brain, everything.

When the baby finally stopped moving, it measured at 10 weeks 1 day - just one day shy of what we thought! Its heart beat was 166 bpm. It was so awesome to hear it just beating away!

Here's the profile shot. You can even see the little fingers! It was amazing to me how much it looked like a human, even though it's so tiny.

It was such a surreal experience to see this little human growing inside me. We knew it was there, and I'd been keeping track of how big it would be, but it was a completely different thing to actually see it. Especially when it started moving around! I think I've looked at the pictures on our fridge a million times since the ultrasound! Whenever I look at them, I just remember what it was like to see those little arms and legs punching and kicking. It was so fun to see our little baby for the first time. :)



*****On another note, my bestest friend Heather is getting married tomorrow!! I'm so excited and happy for her!! Greg makes her happy, and they're so perfect together. I can't wait to see them at the reception on Saturday!!!!!*****





5 comments:

  1. Thanks.
    I explain what it felt like to see those pictures.
    You are so lucky.
    And so is mini-guy.
    Love you so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I meant "I can't explain."
    Hello. Proofread much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have never been so excited. NEVER.... except that time I got married."

    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it interesting how much love can be felt for that little person who is still so far from being born? As much as that love is now, it doesn't compare with the love that increases daily after the baby is born. I am still amazed at how the love grows. We are so happy for you both. AND US.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik