Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mormon Temples

     I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Some people call us "Mormons" after The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, a book of scripture unique to our religion. The Book of Mormon is a record of ancient times in the Americas. Learn more about The Book of Mormon here. You can request a free copy here, or read it online here.

     Chances are if you have heard of the "Mormons," you have heard of our temples. There are 141 operating temples throughout the world. This is a picture of the Rexburg, Idaho Temple that is a few miles from my house.

Picture found here.
     Many people wonder what goes on in these temples. Today I found a video online that explains our Sunday worship, what goes on in Mormon temples, and why temples are important to us.

     This video is an interview with Elder William R. Walker, a leader in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints that oversees temples worldwide. It takes you through a virtual tour of a few temples, and describes what goes on in each area.


      If you want to learn even more about temples, visit this website

      I am so grateful that I live close to a temple, and that I have received the blessings that are offered there. Because my husband and I were married by the sealing power discussed in the video, we can be together forever - as a couple and with our children. I know that the Spirit of the Lord dwells in these holy temples.

    If you want to know more about what Mormons believe, request a time to speak with your local missionaries - wherever you are - here.

     If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask me!
   
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik