Monday, July 8, 2013

Poor Little Nathan

     Have you ever heard about how the first child is protected, their parents never let them play in the dirt, they save them from everything, take a million pictures, and as more kids come along those things seem to drop out of the picture? Yeah, I'd say that's happening in our family. Sometimes Nathan gets short-changed. Not on purpose, of course, but it's happening.


His shirt was too big, (it was laundry day. we don't judge what the kids are wearing on laundry day.) and then I let him play outside on the porch with Ellie. This is what he looked like when he came in: grubby and looking like an orphan, but happy.


He always gets the bottom seat in the stroller. Good thing he doesn't mind staring at the back of Ellie's seat.


A few days ago he learned to pull himself up to stand, but he still doesn't quite know how to get down. Being the mean mom I am, I took a picture before helping him. He was not too happy with me, and I can't say I blame him.


Poor Nathan gets to use all the girl baby stuff: pink bowl, purple spoon, bib with flowers. Sorry, dude. At least he doesn't seem to mind... yet. I'm sure he will, though, when he sees all these pictures in a few years. "Mom! How embarrassing!"


This one? Let's just say he definitely "minded."

Words of advice for my future children: Good luck. I hope you survive.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. That stroller is exactly what I have been looking for. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom got it for us, but I'm pretty sure she got it online. Here is the same stroller (Phil and Teds "Explorer") in a different color:

    http://www.albeebaby.com/phil-teds-2010-explorer-buggy-stroller-with-double-kit-all-apple.html?utm_source=googleproducts&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=googleproducts&utm_content=EX-EXDK-V1-222N&gclid=CPaoj_edoLgCFcU5Qgodqj4AEA

    It's not cheap, (maybe you could find it used?) but it's really easy to steer, and there are a few options for seating a toddler and a newborn, not just the option from my picture. I'd google "Phil and Teds Explorer" and there are lots of videos explaining how to use it. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik