Friday, July 19, 2013

4th of July

     Let it be known that we did, indeed, celebrate Independence Day around here. This is the only picture I took. Lame, I know. But it's a good thing other people take pictures of my children for me... Otherwise they may not have photographic evidence of some of their childhood.


In the morning our friends came over with their two cute kiddos for breakfast. Yep, these four are adorable.


Then we went to the parade. Of course. What is the 4th of July in Rexburg without the parade?


 Nathan enjoyed eating playing with the confetti.


It was really hot! Good thing Sam was willing to haul Ellie around on his shoulders.


Waving at one of the floats.


Ellie and Sam each year at the parade. It's crazy how much she has changed! His brother took the 2012 and 2013 pictures. Like I said, good thing other people take pictures of my children.


After the parade we were all tired. We took naps, and when we woke up we hung out in the basement where it was cool. That evening we decided to walk to the nature park. On the way there Sam's brother called and decided to meet us there. We fed the ducks and let the kids play. We were planning on putting the kids to bed early since they were so tired, but then family decided spur-of-the-moment to do fireworks at our house. You can't have the 4th of July without fireworks, right?


They were in awe. And surprisingly, nobody cried even though they were so loud and it was late.


And of course there were sparklers. I'm kind of a weirdo about sparklers. I don't know why, but they've always scared me a little bit. I guess I just don't like getting that close to burning metal? But hey, they make for cute pictures.

     I love Independence Day in Rexburg because it's the one holiday where it's warm enough to be outside all day long. Sunburn is a given, but it means summer is here!

     I'm so grateful for those who sacrificed their lives so that we could enjoy all the silly things we enjoy on the 4th of July.

Until next year,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik