Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Recent Happenings


This is one of the most exciting things to happen lately. Sam's parents gave us their old washer and dryer. (and drove them all the way here from California!) And this is Sam installing them in our house!



He read up about how to do it on the internet and asked around, then decided to buy all the parts. We had to go back to Ace Hardware a few times to exchange things, but we ended up getting all the parts we needed.



This is the finished product... We hadn't quite put everything away yet, but it was done!!



This is where Sam had to cut pipes and add some stuff... I don't know much about it. You'd have to ask him, since he did the whole thing on his own.



Here's another pipe he had to add. This one was for the filter for the washer. And now we don't have to spend 10 dollars a week on laundry, nor do we have to go to the laundromat! Thank you, thank you, thank you Adam, Tami and Sam!!!!!! :)


In other news, my mom has been asking to see pictures of my pregnant self. This was me at 14 weeks. This is Sam's cousin, Megan, and her husband Jon. They came for dinner a couple weeks ago, and we decorated sugar cookies. Megan is also pregnant! She's having a little boy in March! They got some cute ultrasound pictures of him last week. How exciting is that?? :)


And this is me on Sunday, at 15 weeks. Don't mind the weird smile, or the vacuums in the background!! Sam was in the process of fixing them for the guys upstairs. We have another doctor's appointment on Monday, and we should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat then. I'm really hoping everything is going as great as it was last time!

I've been feeling amazing, and I have more energy to do things around the house. It was also fun to get a few maternity clothes a couple weeks ago! I never thought maternity pants could be so comfortable - I mean, looping a hair tie over the button on my pants and through the button hole worked great, but maternity pants are a million times more comfortable! And thanks to my mom for my early birthday present of more maternity clothes!!! It's amazing how much more flattering maternity clothes are than pre-pregnancy clothes that just stretch. It makes my belly look pregnant rather than just big.

Sam and I are also looking forward to our week off of school next week for Thanksgiving Break! We're going to Twin Falls to stay at my grandma's house and have Thanksgiving with my family up there. I can't wait to see them all!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the preview of how you will look when we see you a week from today. We can't wait. Let us know what you want to do while you are here. When you are first married you seldom have a washer and dryer in your home and it is SO GREAT when you do. Thanks, Sam. LOVE to you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a pregnant lady with a belly! SOOOOO cute.
    And thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, YOU ARE PREGNANT!! I mean, I've known it, but looking at pictures is so different! The amazing thing to me is how much bigger you look after only 1 weeks difference! Looks like Sam is quite the handy-man! I'm so happy you don't have to go to the lanudromat anymore. I'm so happy you are feeling a lot better. Sorry I haven't called...today is super busy but tomorrow afternoon? (who does hmwk on Fri afternoons anyways?) And then you can tell me about passing out at the temple and everything!! :/ Love you so!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally fine! I get out of class at 1:45 tomorrow, so whenever after that works for you is great! Can't wait to talk to you and hear all about life!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very welcome for the washer and dryer. In a few months you will love them even more. Can you believe how quickly life can change, who would have thought just one short year ago you would be expecting your first child. You know how we love boys and I'll be happy either way, but I would really love to see if our family can do girls! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik