Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ellie Rose Brubaker


Our hospital adventure began at 7:30 am on Tuesday, May 3. Here I am all hooked up to monitors and such... Labor looks fun, no? It was actually a great last day as just Sam and I. Sam ate some yummy food from the hospital cafeteria (it really is good food) and I drooled over it while I ate jello and munched on ice chips. :) We watched Little Rascals and Up, listened to the BYU-Idaho devotional, and just talked and enjoyed being together before our little girl was born. I can't remember how many times I made Sam show me the little hat and diaper she would wear as soon as she came!

After almost 18 hours of labor, she was born on May 4, 2011 at 1:43 am weighing 6lbs 8oz and measuring 19 inches long.

Mom and baby in the recovery room - Looking good, of course.


Sweet little girl! This is a few hours after she was born.


Sam went to class this day, so Ellie and I just hung out!


Daddy loves his little girl!


These pictures are out of order, but this is our cute (cone-headed!) little Ellie Rose right after she was born! :)


We call this the "princess hand."


Bad parenting? Probably. I forgot to buy candles for Sam's birthday cake, so he suggested we use matches...


Celebrating Sam's birthday!


I love this little girl!


Tiny little thing!

Ellie has been such a blessing in our lives so far! She makes us smile every day - even when she cries all night long (I'm not exaggerating).

A few of Ellie's favorite things:

- bath time
- being swaddled
- her pacifier
- getting her hair brushed
- her swing
- bright lights
- a full tummy
- attention!

If you haven't seen the video Sam made when Ellie was born, you can watch it here. Unfortunately I don't know how to make it into a link, so you have to copy and paste it. But that's not too hard. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3WobM3byoo

Enjoy!

2 comments:

 
Images by Freepik