Thursday, June 12, 2014

First Kiss


Last night for a Relief Society activity we hiked "R" Mountain which is just a few minutes from here.

It was fun to talk with the ladies from the ward and get to know each other a little better as we hiked. It was also nice to have a little break from the kids. I'm so grateful that Sam is willing to take care of them so I can do things like that, and the kids love being with him.

As we hiked I remembered the last time I hiked "R" Mountain - when Sam and I were dating.

We hiked it once in a group of friends, and then again as just the two of us. "R" Mountain is an old volcano, so there is a huge bowl at the top from when it erupted several million years ago, and Sam thought it would be fun to hit golf balls from the top of the mountain into the bowl. I hadn't been golfing since Achievement Days when I was 9, so needless to say, I was terrible. My golf balls didn't go very far at all! 


After our failed attempts at golfing, we sat on this rock ^ and enjoyed the view. The view from the top is absolutely beautiful! You can see Rexburg, Menan, the snake river.... You really can see forever because it is so flat.

We talked and talked and talked until it got dark. Once it got dark, we looked at the stars and found constellations. Apparently the reason we were sitting there for so long was because Sam was trying to work up the courage to kiss me for the first time. Finally he just asked "Do you mind if I kiss you?" (And we always laugh about my response...) "If you want to." (Yep, I have a way with words). He took that as a yes, and that was our first kiss.

As I stood at the top of the mountain last night I reflected on how far we have come since that first kiss. I can't believe how blessed we are, and I couldn't be more grateful that Sam took a chance and decided to kiss me that night.


4 comments:

  1. I wonder if there is a better match anywhere. Love to you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure he had been working up to that for a long time! He is a lucky guy and you are a lucky gal! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik