Friday, June 3, 2016

A New Attempt at Jobs for the Summer

A few days ago a friend on Facebook posted, "No one is more full of false hope than a parent with a new chore chart." I had to laugh because a few days before I had spent way too much time doing this:


and this:


and this:


and I was totally full of hope! (We won't talk about how much tape I used... ahem...)

We have only been using these charts for a few weeks, but my hope was not in vain! It has been good to change up the routine a little bit since Ellie is out of preschool for the summer, and the kids are getting good at each of the jobs they have been assigned. My hope is that they will practice these jobs all summer and get good enough at them that they will be able to keep up the routine once school starts. (Speaking of school, I can't believe Ellie will be in kindergarten and Nathan will be in preschool come fall! Where has time gone?)

Having more of a concrete, predictable morning routine (rather than me asking them to do different jobs each morning and them not knowing up front what exactly needed to be done) has helped the kids be more cooperative because they know exactly what has to be done before we can go do our fun summer activity for the day. Let's hope it continues going this smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik