Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Kate Colwell

The end of January was spent in anticipation for little sister to arrive in February. These 3-D ultrasounds are so cool! I loved looking at her little face and looking forward to meeting her.


January and February were snowier than any winter I have had here in Rexburg, and they seemed to drag on FOREVER. 

But our little Kate Colwell was finally born on the evening of February 15th! 6 lbs. 12 oz, 19 inches long. 


About an hour after her birth Sam went down to the cafeteria to get dinner, the nurses left the room, and I got Kate all to myself for a little while. She was so calm, and as I talked to her she peacefully looked up at me and seemed to be listening. It was such a sweet experience that I will always remember.



The first thing I noticed about little Kate as they brought her to my chest was how bald she seemed compared to my other newborns. That seems funny looking at these pictures now, since most of her hair has fallen out on top and she has rubbed the typical bald spot on the back of her head, so she has a full head of hair in these pictures compared to now!



I love spending that first day of my babies lives in the hospital just the three of us - Sam, me, and the new baby.



We are so grateful for the safe arrival of our beautiful Kate. The sweet spirit she brings to our family is such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik