Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another Appointment

Wow, it's been a really long time....

We had another doctor's appointment today:

I took my glucose test (it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.... everyone always says it's horrible) and the results came back normal. My iron levels and hemoglobin are good too. My blood pressure was 117/81, I measured 26-27 cm, and I've gained 16 pounds so far. It's really weird when the doctor tells me, "eat hearty meals, I want you gaining a pound a week from now on."

And now the exciting part!!! Little baby girl is healthy. She was head down. The doctor says she is about 1 3/4 pounds, which is a little smaller than average, and how much I weighed when I was born! (But please don't come yet, baby!) Her heart beat was 145 bpm - looking good! :)

I can tell she's gotten lots bigger and stronger over the past few weeks because her kicks are harder (I can see my belly move almost every time she moves) and sometimes I can feel her kicking/punching on both sides of my belly at the same time! It's getting a little harder to get comfortable at night because my belly's growing and it feels like it just flops down on the bed.... I'm sure there will be lots more where that came from as she gets bigger. :) It's also been much harder to breathe lately, (I get winded by doing the most ridiculous things) and tons harder to bend over - I have a hard time putting my shoes on sometimes! :) Sam also likes to tease me because I can't see the underside of my belly when I'm standing up. He'll point and say, "you've got something on your shirt." I'll ask where, and he'll just keep pointing. I've learned that it's much easier to just pull my shirt out to look rather than try to bend over and see. I'm sure that's another thing that will only be harder as the baby gets bigger! :)

Over all, I love being pregnant. I love feeling our little baby move and knowing she's doing well!!! I'm really excited to meet her, but I hope she takes her time coming!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so very excited for you! I LOVED watching and feeling my babies move. It was the one thing I missed when I wasn't pregnant. I definitely didn't miss those other "pains" that come with pregnancy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for calling this morning. Can't believe she'll be here before we know it!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Glad to hear everything's going well. It's getting closer!!! & if you're ever in Provo and need a babysitter...just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you guys, enjoy the moments it is all such an amazing miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad everything is going so smoothly. I always liked feeling the baby move inside too. I also missed that when they were born and you have the sudden thought...I haven't felt the baby move, and then you remember. Oh yeah, she's here.

    You will be a terrific mom!! She is going to be one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting, Heidi. Thanks for all the details. It does sound wonderful. The only thing that's weirding me out is a "pound a week"... But now that I think about it, that totally makes sense!! Hope everything else is going well. Love ya! By the way Karli, as the best-friend-in-residence in Provo, I claim all baby-sitting rights. Sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be time for another update...it's been a month! Hope all is still going well for you both-or I should say all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting!!! Isn't it great to be part of such a miraculous creation?!! Does she have a name yet? I haven't talked to you in a while. I will call you soon. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey...i stopped over from you mom's blog!!!

    now you know why we keep having babies...1. we love being moms 2. love being pregnant ....isn't it such an amazing miracle to feel your baby move?!!!

    i personally have always loved the glucose test...the orange is my favorite! :o)

    congrats again (ok i know i've never told you...but i've said it to your mom) :o)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik