Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sick Weekend


Ellie developed kind of a bark-y cough last week, and on Thursday night Nathan woke up around midnight coughing and barely able to breathe. He was wheezing like crazy, and it's safe to say I have now heard what we learned in nursing school to be called "respiratory stridor." Wow, that wasn't fun. But we eventually got him calmed down enough to go back to bed with the baby monitor hooked up so we could hear him really well.

I got sick on Friday, and Sam on Saturday.


After that, this is pretty much what our weekend consisted of. There just isn't photo evidence of Ellie and me. :)

Other activities not pictured: drinking Powerade and Sprite, throwing up, eating toast, and watching movies. 

There was lots of sitting on the couch snuggling.

At one point I was rocking Nathan upstairs and Ellie was downstairs. She came up and told me to come down. I told her it would be a minute because I was rocking Nathan, but she said, "No Mom, come downstairs right now. I did my sick thing." I went downstairs and sure enough, there was a pile of throw up waiting for me. I guess she didn't know what it was called - that made me laugh.

Though it wasn't fun to have the house pile up in messes or to be sick, I enjoyed the time we spent together as a family doing things we don't normally do. 

Mostly I'm grateful that we are all feeling better with the exception of a few lingering coughs.


2 comments:

  1. I'll never forget the first time I heard "respiratory stridor." Don't know if I ever thanked you for that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust you to see the good in a horrible weekend! I really do appreciate the bad times, though, so I can understand how good the good times are. Hope you all recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik