Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Balloons

The other day Sam stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work and brought home a balloon for each kid. They were so excited!


They literally carried them around for a week.



Ellie even slept with hers tied to her bed each night. This picture cracks me up - she had socks on each of her hands, the toilet paper roll was around her wrist before she went to sleep, and she was holding onto her balloon. 


Nathan couldn't quite reach his balloon from the ground if it made it to the ceiling, so he would stand under it, reach as high as he could, and yell "ball!" Ellie quickly learned to get it for him, even learning to bring over the stool and climb up to grab it if it got into the vaulted part of the living room.

It is amazing how much entertainment a couple of balloons provided. It is so fun to watch my kids enjoy such little things so much. It reminds me that I need to enjoy the little things in life too!

3 comments:

  1. It is so fun to try to see things through a child's eyes. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I wish I had an answer for you... It was a one-time thing. I think she just wasn't tired so she found something to occupy herself after I put her to bed. ??? Who knows, she's a silly girl. :)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik