Wednesday, April 22, 2015

"Kitties"

     The kids' latest obsession is pretending they are "kitties." Every time they eat, they ask me "Do kitties like this?" (Do kitties like asparagus? Of course! *evil laugh*) They insist that every drink they have be out of a bowl and that it be "big water" so they can lick it out like our cat does. 


     I absolutely LOVE watching the kids pretend together. It makes me a little bit sad that Ellie will be starting preschool in the fall because it means that our time of no commitments and endless playing will be coming to an end. No more all-day pajama parties just because the kids are playing happily, and why bother them to get dressed? Some days I just try to remember this quote:

“It is OK if the house is a mess and the children are still in their pajamas and some responsibilities are left undone. The only things that really need to be accomplished in the home are daily scripture study and prayer and weekly family home evening.”

     Jonah is starting to want in on the action too, and he especially loves to play "kitties" with them since he's not walking yet. He revels in the extra attention the older two give him when they crawl around on the floor with him.

     I thank the Lord every day for the blessing of being able to raise these three cute kiddos.

     

1 comment:

  1. I thank the Lord too, that those wonderful children were given to you so I can enjoy them too! I'm thankful they have loving, patient parents.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik