Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sam's Birthday

For Sam's birthday we decided to go on a little hike since it was such a beautiful day. As we went to back out of our driveway, there was this weird sound and the car wouldn't move. We thought we were running over something, but when we got out to look, we saw that Nathan had put a rock in the wheel. Awesome.


And it was pretty big, too!


I didn't get any good pictures from the hike, but the kids had fun running around, and once we got to the top they loved putting their feet in the water.


When we got home, we put the kids down for naps and we took a nap too! How nice! 

When we woke up, we did some yard work. While we were out there Sam said "If anyone had told me when I was younger that I would want to spend my birthday doing yard work, I would have thought they were crazy!"

We took the family out for dinner, and after only one spilled cup of water we were back home and frosting the cake. When I asked Sam a few weeks ago what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, he said "I want a really rich chocolate cake, like Bruce Boggtrotter." (From the movie Matilda)

I don't think his cake really rivaled Bruce's, but it did the job.


Ellie kept telling me that we had to have hats for Daddy's birthday, so we got hats. And they were pretty cute! 


We did cake, ice cream and presents, and we all went to bed completely sugar-buzzed. Happy Birthday, Sam!





1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Sam!! Such a cute family!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik