Thursday, September 8, 2016

Nathan's First Day of Preschool

Nathan started preschool yesterday after MUCH anticipation! Once Ellie started school it was hard for him to wait.

First Day of School Interview

I am 3 feet and 1/4 inches tall
I weigh 30.1 pounds
My favorite color is: blue
My best friend is: "Hammer" (his uncle, Hyrum)
My favorite book is: Almost Ready for Kindergarten
My favorite movie is: Little Einsteins and Blue's Clues
My favorite song is: The ABC Song
My favorite food is: "Candy Teddy Bears" (Gummy Bears)
When I grow up I want to be: a police man
My favorite thing about myself is: my eyes
The thing I am most excited to learn about in school this year is: about my name

Sam and I weren't sure if we wanted to start preschool with Nathan this year since he turns 4 in November, which means he still has 2 years until he starts kindergarten. But we decided to put him in this year because he was ready.

After getting all dressed for school I told Nathan that I was going to go grab my phone so we could take pictures, and I came around the corner to this:


He knew exactly where to stand, and he was already smiling. He's much quieter than Ellie, and sometimes he gets overpowered by her - so he was excited to have the attention all to himself!

Don't forget the silly pictures!




"Mom, take a picture of my backpack!"


I thought he would be shy and have a hard time heading into class, but he wasn't hesitant at all. He put his backpack on the hook, saw his friend from church playing with play-doh, sat right down next to him, and waved good bye to me. I think it was helpful that he knows his teacher and has been in the classroom several times to pick up Ellie. 

When preschool was over he saw me and ran right up to me, then jumped into my arms for a hug. That melted my heart!

He was so excited to show me what he made:


In his prayers last night he said, "Thank you I could go to school and we could paint with the dotty thing and play with play-doh." I guess you could say we are glad we put him in this year! He absolutely LOVED the first day, and I don't see the excitement wearing off any time soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik