Friday, May 28, 2010

Grateful

Last night Sam worked from 2:30-9, so I was home alone during that time. I was writing the last of the "thank you" notes from our wedding so it was pretty quiet in our apartment except for some soft music I had on.

All of a sudden I heard arguing in the apartment above us. The husband and wife were bickering, and quite loudly. The yelling progressed into stomping, slamming doors, and crying. It was horrible. And it lasted for 45 minutes or so. I'm glad I couldn't understand what they were saying. I'm also glad I don't know who lives up there.

But it got me to thinking: I'm extremely grateful that doesn't happen in our apartment. Sam and I don't argue. We don't fight. In fact, I don't remember a single time Sam has said anything unkind to me. Or in an unkind way.

I'm also grateful that I could grow up in a home where I learned this principle by example. I hardly ever remember my parents arguing. (Most of the arguing came from us kids! Sorry Mom!)

I'm so grateful that I married a man that recently said to me, "If I got angry it would just hurt you. And that's not worth it."

I can't believe how blessed I am. I am so grateful.



****** Funny quote: Sam and I went running this morning, and as we ran by Porter Park he said, "I love grass. I love running in grass, I love playing football in grass... Maybe I should have been a goat so I could eat grass." ******

3 comments:

  1. I always wished I could send my children out to graze, sounds like maybe Sam's on the same wavelength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I am so happy that Sam respects you in that way. Good job Sam! What a wonderful thing to share with somebody.

    Tell Sam that eating grass is kinda gross. it would turn his teeth green. But he can run in it all he wants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. More reasons to love Sam. I am glad he is so good to you. No one deserves a good partner more than you. (And maybe Sam.)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik