Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tender Mercy


Monday was one of those days you dread , one of those days of reckoning were an assignment is finally due and you realize that all the work you had previously done didn't add up to much of anything. As I sprinted home in frustration from all the stress of the day , to grab my forgotten text book, thoughts of doubt and discouragement raced through my mind as to whether I'd be able to meet the requirements of the day and than the side walk chalk I passed stopped me in my tracks, and caused me to slow down and take a moment to think. I read the phrase "Don't worry be happy!"
Though it was simply someone's creative activity of the day left behind on the sidewalk it became to me what Elder Bednar mentioned when he talked about Tender Mercies. "The Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits “his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men” (D&C 46:15)." Don't worry be Happy! just a phrase written on a side walk or maybe a sent message, you choose but that was the turning point in my day.

Don't worry be happy!!

Elder Bednar continued "Some individuals who hear or read this message erroneously may discount or dismiss in their personal lives the availability of the tender mercies of the Lord, believing that “I certainly am not one who has been or ever will be chosen.” We may falsely think that such blessings and gifts are reserved for other people who appear to be more righteous or who serve in visible Church callings. I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us.To be or to become chosen is not an exclusive status conferred upon us. Rather, you and I ultimately determine if we are chosen."

3 comments:

  1. And how is the new job?
    Be Happy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special girl you are! And what great insights you come up with. A JOB? Great! Where! When!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I have to say that I didn't come up with this insight, it was Sam's idea. :)

    I got a job at G's Dairy, which is a little shop that sells ... you guessed it ... dairy products. They sells cheese, milk, yogurt, etc. But they are most known for their ice cream. I've never had any, but it looks good. :)

    I started working last night, and I liked it. My hand is a little sore from scooping ice cream, but it was fun. I learned to use a cash register, balance big scoops of ice cream, and not to hit the brim of my hat on the glass when scooping!

    The only downside was I worked from 5-12:15 pm. But that's not normal, I should get out by 10:45 from now on.

    I have to say, me not getting out until 12:15 really worried Sam... I had accidentally left my phone in the car, and i didn't have a chance to go out and get it. So I missed all his calls and didn't receive his texts until after midnight. I feel really bad about that!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik