Saturday, July 31, 2010

Our Upcoming Adventures

So I'm in the laundromat down the street from our house... I feel like I should be in a movie or something, since there are so many scenes in laundromats. Anyway.........

Sam and I are leaving for vacation tomorrow after church and we won't be back home until August 30th!! We're SO excited!!!

Tomorrow we're heading off to Jenny Lake in Yellowstone. We're going to wake up early on Monday morning and take the ferry across the lake to a place where we can hike to the top of the mountain and look over the whole lake!! After we spend a few days hiking and camping we're going to Adam and Marci's in Gardiner, Montana to stay a night. It'll be fun to see them again, even though we only saw them last weekend! :)

Then we'll be heading to Salt Lake City. While we're there we'll hopefully see Tucker at BYU but that's not for sure since he has finals.... We're going to spend a couple days with Ben and Melissa - we might go to Lagoon but we'll see! Then for the next week or so we'll be babysitting 3 of Sam's cousins. It'll be so much fun!

After Salt Lake we'll head to Mesa to see my family. We don't have too many plans or anything, but I'm sure we'll be swimming a ton! I'm definitely looking forward to getting some sun.

Then after 10 days in AZ we'll head to Placerville to see Sam's family. So far we've planned a trip to San Francisco since neither Sam nor I have been there before. We also might go to the beach, which will be fun! We're just bummed since Elijah has a football game the day we leave so we'll have to miss it!

But we're definitely excited to see everyone! We'll take lots of pictures to post later.

********* And this is a happy thought from earlier today. Sam and I were at the grocery store stocking up on stuff for our camp out when we saw this really old man looking at cards. We got in line and he got behind us. Sam asked him if he'd found the right card because it looked like he'd been looking pretty hard. The old man said with emotion in his voice, "I sure hope so. She's turning 78 and we've been together almost 54 years."

2 comments:

  1. Okay, two things
    1- so excited to see you! Yay!
    2- is it bad that I did the teary eyed "awww" thing about the darling old man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, a whole month of vacation! That sounds pretty wonderful and fun! How old are Sam's cousins? And WHEN will you be in AZ?!?! I'm pretty sure I'll be here....I get back from Bear Lake on Monday August 9th! So let's play bestest friend! By the way, the only time I was in San Francisco was for choir, but you HAVE to go to Fisherman's Wharf, the Golden Gate Bridge (obviously), and the Japanese Tea Gardens if you can get in. Oh, and the woods on the other side of the bay are beautiful, so I would just have fun driving around oohing and aahing if I were you. :)

    And the old man story is simply wonderful. That will be Sam and Greg in 54 years. It makes me smile but also want to cry just thinkin' about it. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik