Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Brother is Coming Home TODAY!!!

     My brother is coming home from his mission in New York City today!! (Well, to Mesa... I get to see him tomorrow. Yay!)

     In honor of his homecoming, I have decided to post a few hilarious stories. Be excited.

     The first story happened when we looked about like this:



Aren't we cute? Yes. The answer is yes. And P.S. We are the two in the middle.

     Anyway, story number one. We were visiting my grandma in Utah one summer, so we went to church while we were there. Tucker and I walked into the Primary room together ready to introduce ourselves to the Primary President so we could get put into the right classes. Here is the conversation that ensued:

     Primary President: Hello! Are you guys visiting today?

     Tucker (because heaven knows I was too shy to talk to anyone I didn't know): Yes!

     Primary President: Great! We're so glad to have you! What are your names?

     Me: Heidi.

     Tucker: Tuck-o. (he couldn't say his "R's")

     Primary President: ... Taco?

     Tucker: No, Tuck-o.

     Primary President: ... Taco?

     Tucker: No! Tuck-O!

     Primary President: ... Taco? 

     (Lady, you haven't figured it out yet? His name is NOT Taco.)

     Tucker: NO! TUCK-O!!!

     Primary President: ... Taco?

     Tucker: NO!!! Tell her, Heidi!

     Me: Tucker.

     ... awkward silence ...     

     Primary President: ... Oh, Tucker! Why didn't you just say that in the first place? 

     ?????? 

     (Real life, people.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     The second story happened when we looked about like this, minus the Halloween costumes. Obviously.


He's the bat, and I'm the angel. (Very fitting to our personalities, don't you think? *insert angelic smile here*)

     Story number two also happened at Grandma's house, but not the same grandma. This time we were in Idaho for the summer, and all the cousins were going to sleep in the basement. Naturally, Tucker and I were fighting over who got to sleep on the couch.

     We were in the room that my parents would sleep in, digging through suitcases to find our pajamas. I swore it was my turn to sleep on the couch, and he swore it was his. We were getting madder and madder, louder and louder.   Finally he just shouted at me, "I'M GOING TO SHOW YOU MY BARE BUTT!" (since, you know, that was a valid argument that would convince me to sleep on the floor.) and he proceeded to pull down his pants. To escape the horror that was my 6-year-old brother's bum, I quickly buried my face into the bedspread... Little did I know, the wooden footboard was covered by the bedspread, and I slammed the bridge of my nose into that instead of the soft bed. I screamed, my parents ran in to see what had happened, and I of course blamed everything on Tucker. I may have been a little dramatic.

     But guess who got to sleep on the couch that night? This girl. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Luckily Tucker's speech impediment is gone, and we no longer show our bums to settle arguments. 

     I am flying into Arizona tomorrow to see him, and I can't wait! I have missed his crazy personality:


     Yep, he's great. Welcome home, Elder Denton! (Well... in a few hours.)

8 comments:

  1. YAY!! So exciting! I've been so happy for you and your family!

    By the way, I have not laughed this hard in a long time!! Bah ha ha! I had heard the Taco/Tucker story, but not the bare bum story. To be honest, that story does not surprise me very much.

    Isn't this the first time Tucker will meet both of your kids?!? HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the first time Tucker gets to see Nathan, but I'm sad that Sam is staying home with Ellie. Now that she is 2, she doesn't count as a free lap child anymore. Lame.

      But it will be fun to see him!

      Thanks for being excited for us! :)

      Delete
  2. Heidi, thanks for this revealing look into your relationship with your brother. Made my day. So happy for all of you, and may your reunion be a memory you never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is appropriate that all your pics include Coles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stories!! I am so excited for you to introduce your son to "Taco"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man those stories are so funny! One of my favorite Tucker was when he was about 3 or 4 and Lion King had just come up out and he would sing The Circle of Life at the top of his lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots and lots of fond memories. I hadn't heard the Taco story, but I DO remember the other one and your poor face was sore for a long time. Give that brother of yours a big squeeze from me and have a super time.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik