Monday, May 13, 2013

An Obsession

I daresay we have a rock lover in the family. And I don't use the word "lover" lightly. I think there may be a slight obsession, actually.

It's this girl:


Miss Ellie Rose.


On Saturday we took a little hike up Cress Creek Trail. Do you know how long it takes to hike a mile on a gravel road with a 2-year-old that is obsessed with rocks? Let me just say - it takes a long time.

Exhibit 1:



Admiring the rocks next to the part of the path that was paved. She was saying "Rock! 'Nother one! 'Nother one rock!"

Exhibit 2:


Carefully putting the rocks in a straight line. "One, two, one, two."

Exhibit 3:


Looking at the "big rock" with daddy.

I can't tell you how many times she stopped to pick up rocks and stick them in her pockets, or to stack them, or to simply point them out to us. 


Oh, hey! Nathan and I were there, too.

Last night on our after-dinner walk she stopped at every flower bed along the way that had a single rock in it. She also bent down in the middle of the road and tried to pick up the rocks that were mixed into the asphalt. She would have brought home every rock we encountered along the way if we would have let her. 

Silly girl. We're so glad she is in our family. 






3 comments:

  1. She's just like Evie that way. What is it about rocks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Rocks are pretty cool, I guess.

    And how do you keep your hair so cute on a hike?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocks ARE cool. I remember visiting my cousins in Tropic, Utah where there are many beautiful orange rocks. We would find some that had promise, use a larger rock, and break them open to find magnificent sparkles hiding inside. we could spend hours doing this.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik