Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Pinterest Project Gone Horribly Wrong

For some reason I really wanted to make a beautiful cake on Sunday. So on Saturday I found the perfect recipe, made sure we had all the ingredients, and I was already excited. It was going to be awesome, and beautiful, and my husband was going to be impressed with my phenomenal baking skills. I mean, wouldn't you be impressed at a cake that looked like this?


After church I got busy with the cake. It sounded easy enough, but most importantly, delicious. And beautiful. 

Then I got to this step in the directions: "If using an 8x2-inch round cake pan, line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper." I didn't have parchment paper, so I thought "Meh, I'll just grease the heck out of the pan, and it will be fine."

Nope, definitely not fine.


I couldn't stop laughing when this came out of the pan.


I dressed it up with some frosting. Not sure if it looks any better?

Needless to say, it looked nothing like the picture. Oh well. At least is was delicious. Really, it was yummy. If you like dark chocolate, make it. Here is the recipe.

Moral of the story? If a recipe tells you to use parchment paper, use it. 

2 comments:

  1. haha... We definitely live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who ever buys parchment paper? And then twice a year when you make a fancy cake you really really need it. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik