Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ellie's First Haircut. And Some Other Ellie Stuff.

    This is kind of a long post... So I apologize! Ellie is just so awesome, though, that I want to remember it all!

     Ellie's hair had never been cut, and it was getting long and scraggly - it was time for a haircut! I am not confident in my hair-cutting abilities, so to the salon we went.


Waiting to get called. (Nathan was there too, but we didn't take any pictures of him so we could preserve his manliness. I'm sure he will appreciate that some day. *wink*)


Before she started cutting.


In the process of cutting. She was so funny! She was completely enamored with the whole thing. She had this face on the entire time, and all of the people in the salon fawned over how good she was. The best part for her was definitely the sucker at the end!


After.


She didn't get a ton cut off, but I think it makes a big difference.

Speaking of our Ellie, Sam took this picture of her before church on Sunday:


     It's a little blurry, but this picture completely sums up Ellie's true personality. I don't feel like very many people get to see her real personality because she screams (and I don't mean she cries, she screams - and it's not very nice!) when she is around other people. My theory is (ok, Sam noticed it, and I think it is true) that she feels threatened by other people, especially kids, and that is why she screams. When she is at home, though, boy is she sweet! She is usually so happy, and she loves to play! 

     Lately she wants me to hold her or to sit on my lap as much as she can. It's fun to have her want to snuggle, because she has never been like that in the past. She LOVES to dance. She constantly asks for music to be turned on so she can dance on the coffee table, in the car, or anywhere really. 

     Ever since her grandma gave her some little princess toys with dresses that can be changed out, she is obsessed with princesses. According to her, anyone that is dressed in a long dress is a princess, and she's definitely one too. That's actually what she is doing in that picture - twirling and saying "princess!" 

     Some of the funny things she says are "I got it!" She says that whenever she does something she is proud of - and that's pretty much everything - closing the toy box, washing her hands, going potty, putting her shoes on, etc, and it sounds like "Iga-yee!" She also says "hide!" and then runs to hide in Nathan's closet. She doesn't like to hide alone, though, so she brings me in there with her. Once we're in the closet, she'll put her finger up to her lips and say "Shhh! Daddy!" because she wants Sam to come find us. Kinda difficult when he's at work, though...

     This girl loves her daddy. All day long she puts her arms out and asks me "Daddy hone?" When she sees him pull up, she tries like crazy to get the front door open so she can go out and help him drive into the garage. I think that is probably the highlight of her day.

     She is very tender and loving, especially with her little brother. She is so willing to help with anything and everything.

     I love her funny high-pitched voice that is reserved for talking to Nathan or when she tells us "I yove you." 

     I can't get enough of her. And I can't believe how big she is getting! I love my crazy, cheerful, noisy, princess-y little girl!


1 comment:

  1. There is no other joy like the kind we receive from being a parent. The heartaches that also come are well worth it. I love seeing you be a parent.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik