Thursday, July 1, 2010

Saturday Adventures - Bike Edition!


We've been looking to get bikes for awhile, and last week we finally got some! And we decided to go on a little biking adventure on Saturday. Sam said he had a place in mind, so we set out with some powerade and granola bars. This is us toward the beginning of the day.


And this is us being intense bikers... or pretending to be at least. :)


This is a stop we made along the way. You can't tell, but there were elk by that big, dead tree...



Here's Sam posing with the elk.


This is a picture that Sam took, and I thought it looked cool. :)


Here's some flowers we saw. See the nice seat cover? I wasn't sore the next day because of it. Yeah, it's great. :)



And this is our ultimate destination... Except it wasn't supposed to look like this. This is where Sam went to elementary school, and when we got there they were tearing it down. How sad!!!


Here's a shot of the whole thing. See the big crane thingie on the left? It looked like it had just been scooping off one side of the school.

Our ride ended up being 19 or so miles, so we were outside for a good few hours. We were BURNED!!! Sam's sunburn turned into this nice, golden-y tan and I'm peeling so bad I look like I have leprosy, I'm not kidding. :) But, needless to say, we both have some pretty sweet farmer's tans now.

I didn't get a picture of Sam doing the thing he did a lot of the time - put my chain back on! He's amazing, what can I say?

3 comments:

  1. How fun that you like to do so many things together. I bet you get a lot of use out of your bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have all kinds of adventures, hunting for lost rings, bike riding, birthdays. Can't wait to see you in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I'm sorry you are peeling though. But it looks like you had a blast! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik