Monday, June 28, 2010

Sam's Birthday!!!!


June 16 was Sam's 24th birthday!! So, the day started out the night before after he picked me up from work with a trip to Broulim's for breakfast food! His breakfast of choice? Hash browns, sausage, eggs and orange juice of course! Then we each had class, and I got ready that morning like I was going to study at the school early, but really I had all my studying done! So I dropped him off, and went to get his birthday present. Don't worry, I wasn't a procrastinator! I knew what I wanted to get him forever, but couldn't buy it yet because it would show up on the online account so he would know what it was early!! Then I went back to our apartment and blew up some balloons, put up some streamers, and wrapped his present. Then off to my Anatomy lab!


We came back from class together, and he was surprised! That was my goal, so I was happy. :) We took a few silly pictures, and he opened his presents.


Then we had cake! Well, pie actually. He really likes a cream cheese pie with cherry pie filling, and it was super easy to make. I wasn't sure how it would taste, but it was actually super good! (Notice my AWESOME basketball shorts? Sam got them, a couple balls, and a nice flash drive from the lost and found sale at the school for WAY cheap that day. And they have POCKETS!!! Yay!)


Notice the giant ball of light? That's what happens when you have to use an entire package of 24 candles! :)


After we ate pie, played around with the balloons, and changed into sweats (only in Rexburg is it FREEZING and rainy in June :)) we went over to Porter Park and played basketball. I think I made maybe 3 baskets... But it was fun!


After my basketball we went to Gringo's Mexican Restaurant on the corner by our apartment. Man, we sure look like pigs in this picture! The raspberry lemonade was seriously SO GOOD! It had raspberries at the bottom, my favorite! We couldn't stop drinking it! We had lunch for the next day too, so it was worth it. :)


And here's the birthday boy with his food. Mmmm....

After we ate dinner we were so full! We went back to our apartment and watched the movie "Family Man." I'd never seen it, but I have to say it was pretty good. Good moral! Family first. :) He says he had a great day, and I know I did!

:) :) :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!! :) :) :)


6 comments:

  1. Did all that flame set off the smoke detector?
    Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Married birthdays are much funner than single ones aren't they Sam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think that 24 candles makes a ball of fire...just wait until next year when you have to start buying more than one package of candles!! :) So, what was his present from you? You guys look so cute and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Sam already planning for December? I am sure he will have some great ideas for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! But I also am curious about 1) the smoke detector and 2) what the present was! Also tell Sam I think he is a first-class bargain shopper for scouting out the lost-and-found sale. :) Happy Birthday Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The present I got for him was an electric razor. I know, I know - boring, right? Well, it was something he would always say he wanted but wouldn't actually go get. And since he has to shave every day for BYU-I's honor code, I think it was pretty worth it. Plus he likes it... so that's always a plus. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik