Friday, August 2, 2013

No Strep!

     Good news! We don't have strep - just some nasty-looking throats. At the doctor yesterday after they ruled out strep, they did some blood tests (looking for mono, checking for white blood cell counts, etc.) that all came back normal. When the doctor came back in, he told us everything looked normal, that it was probably a viral thing, and that we should be better by the beginning of next week. Then he off-handedly asked us if we had been camping or around mosquitoes lately. We said no, and he said "Ok, good. Because if you had, we might be looking at a local case of West Nile." Wow, thank you. How comforting.

     Ellie was really wound up for some reason. She wasn't being naughty, she was just hyper. I think she had fun. Except she kept asking the doctor for a shot.... I'm thinking she doesn't remember what they feel like.
   

She wanted to sit with me the entire time. I'm just glad she didn't plummet off the table and get a concussion. Don't mind me. I wasn't feeling well, alright?


Sam got to wrestle the kids while the nurse took my blood. Lucky him.

     All in all, I'm glad that trip to the doctor's office is over. I'm glad we don't have strep, and especially glad we don't have West Nile.

Love,

3 comments:

  1. Tucker and I just read your last two posts and he thinks your kids are asking, "What's the deal with Santa Claus?"

    Glad it's not too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. You can visit with Alisa to see how much fun strep is. Dylan has had it three times in about six weeks. Forest and Holly had it twice and Alisa once. Horrible. Hope you and Sam get better soon and look out for mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, no strep and no West Nile is always good news. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik