Monday, January 12, 2015

Thumb-Sucker No More


Ever since Jonah started sleeping un-swaddled at about 4 months, he was a thumb-sucker. And I mean a THUMB-SUCKER! When we started him on rice cereal, the only way he could figure out how to swallow it was by putting his thumb in his mouth and sucking the food down. He would suck his thumb when he was sleeping, when he was bored, when he was mad and needed comfort, when he was tired, and when he was hungry. I thought for sure he would be 10 years old and still sucking his thumb. This picture was taken in California just a few days before Christmas:


I'm so glad I took it because a few days after we got home from this trip, I noticed I hadn't seen Jonah suck his thumb for awhile. It's been about a week now, and I haven't seen him put it in his mouth once. Though I am EXTREMELY glad I won't have to help him learn to stop sucking his thumb at a later age, I miss it a little bit! He's becoming less of a baby and more of a toddler. He's just getting entirely too big!




(He had black beans with dinner that night, and he had the funniest little goatee... But it got washed off before I could get a picture... So I took a picture of the half-washed-off version. Still cute, that's for sure!)


We are so glad this little guy is in our family! He brings joy to our lives every day.

3 comments:

  1. Totally not "manly" but I almost teared up at the idea of him not being a thumb sucker anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another smart child! Big boy, doing it all on his own.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik