Monday, March 23, 2015

Funny Kid Quotes

Here are some funny things that I have been writing down on my phone since the last kid quotes post.

I was telling Sam that I thought Jonah had a fever because his cheeks were red and he was warm. Ellie looks at Jonah and says, "Happy Birthday, Jonah!"

 Ellie: "Running around in your panties is like working out." (Hmmm... I should probably re-think which workout videos I let her do with me.)

Ellie and I were doing yoga together, and when we went into downward dog she said "this is my favorite! Doggy bum!" She legitimately thought that was what it was called. Even now, a month or so later, she still calls it that no matter how many times I tell her it is "downward dog."

Ellie was not happy that I was making her take a nap and she said, "You are squeezing my whole life!"

At dinner Sam, Ellie and Nathan were going back and forth with "I love you's." Ellie looked at me and said "I love your best friend." I asked her who my best friend was and she pointed at Sam. She's right! 

Ellie: "When you wear that apron you look like a Grandma." I'll take that as a compliment!

Ellie, talking about our neighbor who was working in his yard as we pulled out of the driveway: "He is just so handsome with that white hair!"


Nathan: We were listening to "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables and Nathan says "He's singing silly!" Then tried to imitate him with a breathy, vibrato-y voice.

Ellie: "Wow, that's a really old lady! I never want to be an old lady."

Sam: Nathan, did you play with Emerson at church today?
Nathan: No, Emerson is Ellie's favorite.
Sam: Well who's your favorite?
Nathan: Orange 

Ellie: "I don't want to grow because I don't want them to cut the babies out of my tummy." We then had a conversation about how having babies hurts, but it's ok because doctors have medicine that help you feel better. I guess I should have been a little more careful about my explanation when she asked tons of questions about this picture of when Nathan was born:




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you will have all of these to remember. Time passes so quickly.
    Love from the grandma with the apron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, those were laugh out loud funny! You'll be so glad you are writing them down. I just have to tell you that your kids remind me SO much of my kids, it's kind of crazy!! Also, I have had all C-sections and Allison has totally said that exact thing to me and we had to have a little chat. Anyway, just had to tell you that. Keep up the great work Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik