Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Reading in the Fort

Today we decided to make a fort and read books inside. Why is it so much more fun to read books inside a fort than on the boring old couch? Funny how that works.

(We will excuse Ellie, who couldn't be distracted from painting at the table for long enough to join us for pictures. But she did come over when she realized it would be her turn to choose the next story!)


We all gathered around the books and took turns picking which book to read next. (Please ignore the weird selfie arm... I just wanted to document the moment!)


Nathan especially enjoyed it.


And he really wanted me to keep taking pictures of us making silly faces...


We had a great time reading, laughing and asking/answering questions... That is until Nathan and Jonah decided to start wrestling on the couch, which pulled on the sheet, which knocked the books that were holding up the fort onto the ground, narrowly missing Thomas's head. That was a pretty abrupt end to the fun.

All in all, I am trying to enjoy every moment I have at home with my kids since Ellie will start kindergarten in the fall, and we will never have these slow, schedule-less days all at home back again. (Yes, I know there will be weekends and school breaks, but still. It will never be quite like this again and I'm a little sad about it!)

2 comments:

 
Images by Freepik