Monday, April 18, 2016

Sickie Jonah

Poor little Jonah is not feeling well at all today. He woke up early this morning crying in his bed, and when I went in to see what he needed he had the saddest sick look on his little face, and he kept asking me for Daddy. So I sent Sam in, and he brought him back to our bed where he just stayed on Sam's chest for quite awhile. That is VERY unlike Jonah. Usually once he wakes up he is ready to run. (and eat... that is usually a very high priority on his list!) 

He was breathing really fast, retracting under and in between his ribs, and just laying still. We kept a close eye on him and called the doctor's office right when they opened, and we got an appointment for first thing this morning. The nurse measured his oxygen levels, which were up at 93%, and the doctor decided he needed a breathing treatment since he was struggling to breathe so much. Let's just say Jonah was less than pleased with that whole ordeal, and I'm pretty sure I got more of the treatment than he did... But it helped quite a bit, and by the time we left the office with a couple prescriptions, Jonah was a little happier. He talked to the fish in the lobby, was excited to show Daddy his batman stickers, and asked me for eggs. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, though, so I snuggled him for awhile, then had to lay him down so I could feed Thomas. I put him on the couch because I figured he would wake up soon wanting me, but I ended up moving him to his bed since he was so sound asleep. We will see how he is when he wakes up.


Poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon. And for now I'm trying to not be terrified about Thomas getting it...

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad. They just don't understand pain and illness. Hope he is better soon and that no one else has to get it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik