Monday, August 15, 2016

Getting Ready for Kindergarten

Ellie has worked hard to learn lots of things before she starts kindergarten next Wednesday (address, phone number, etc.), and the one she is most excited about by far is being able to tie her own shoes!

It takes lots of concentration...


So proud of herself!


Her teacher sent her a letter last week telling her about what they will be doing in her class, and Ellie was over the moon excited.


Her backpack came today, and she loves it. I was pretty proud of the one I found on amazon. It's small enough not to dwarf her like the ones at the store but big enough for a folder and other things she needs, durable enough to last a few years until she needs a bigger one, and of course her favorite color - pink. The best part? It was less than $10. When we looked at backpacks at the store I couldn't believe how expensive they were!

This Wednesday is kindergarten registration, next Tuesday she gets to tour her classroom, and then Wednesday is her first day. I can't believe it, but she is ready!

1 comment:

  1. I want her to FaceTime me and show off her new skills!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik