Monday, September 16, 2013

Getting Called Off

     Last Thursday I was called off of work, so we decided to do a few fun things. (It seems like "fun things" have been few and far between lately because I haven't been feeling very awesome. Unless Dad is home - he's the fun one.)

     So after I got home, the kids and I went to the park. Ellie begs and begs 24/7 to go, but of course that's not always possible. But that day we went and stayed for a long time. She really enjoyed herself! She learned to climb up a new part of the play set that she hadn't been able to do on her own before, and she was quite proud. And of course she couldn't get enough of the slide.


Nathan enjoyed hanging out in his carseat. I have to take him in either the carseat or the stroller because if he is left to roam, all I do the entire time we are at the park is pick bark out of his mouth. So we chose the "strapped in" route.


When we got home, we decided to make pancakes. Why not?


It was Nathan's first time trying pancakes, and he LOVED them. He loves being big enough now to eat lots of the same foods that the rest of us eat.


     We all took a nap, then we did some much-needed cleaning/unpacking. I didn't take any pictures of that because, well, that's boring. :)

     I was so grateful that I was able to stay home with my kids that day. I was able to put into perspective what is most important in my life, and to make some fun memories with my kiddos.

     Besides - it turned into fall over the weekend, and our park days will soon have to come to an end.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Fall is so great. Glad you can take advantage of it with the sweeties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me wish Peter could play with his cousins at the park! Let's all make a plan to move to Boise in a few years ok?? Pretty please?! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik