Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What Do We Do When Dad Is Gone? Part 2


     This morning we went to the city library. I have to admit, this is the first time we've been to the library. How is that even possible?


     When Ellie saw the kid-sized computers, she sprinted toward them. She immediately sat down and said "I working like Daddy!" It is so funny to watch her little hands imitate Sam's when he types. (Please don't mind that she is wearing the same shirt that she wore yesterday. She really wanted to wear it again because she loves the heart on it, and it's from "Vivie" (Evie). I decided to let that one slide.)


     Once I got a game set up for her, she was in heaven. She figured out how to hold down the button on the mouse to color the picture. She was quite proud of herself.


     It turns out that we got to the library about 30 minutes before story time, which was lucky for us! After she played on the computer, we went in and got her settled on the rug. They sang some songs (when they sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" she turned around and yelled to me "This is my song!") and read some stories. She loved the whole thing, but she kept turning around to make sure I was still there.


     Nathan had a great time too! This is the only picture I got of him, though. He loved the toys they had set up for younger kids and the fish tank. He pretty much just played by himself, which is very typical of him. He's very easy-going and able to entertain himself.
   
     The kids had a blast, and it was nice to get out of the house. I'm sure we will be going back soon! Especially as the weather continues to get colder.

Love,

3 comments:

  1. I love libraries that do story time. We've been lucky so far with every place we've lived, there has been an fantastic public library

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everyone had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a bad mom. You and T and Ben used to do circle time all the time and now I never do . . .
    Sigh. Glad your kids are getting to do it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik