Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What Do We Do When Dad Is Gone? Part 3


We didn't do anything out of the house today because, let's face it, I was too tired to go anywhere after I got off of work. 


Ellie did make this tower for me, though, while I was fixing dinner. She kept telling me "I making you a really tall one!" and then brought it over and said, "This castle for you!" And she made this silly face when I told her to smile. Love that girl.


We also made brownies. Ellie loves to stir and she's getting better at not slopping the batter everywhere, which is awesome. It makes me much more willing to let her help! :)


We also had a little "mishap" while I was making dinner. The garlic had to simmer in the butter for a few minutes, and Nathan started crying soon after I put it on. He needed a little more help than I originally thought, and when I came back the butter was completely burned and the spoon looked like this. Sweet.

Once the brownies were done and we had eaten dinner, we had a movie night. (I have no pictures... but I'm sure you can imagine what we looked like as we watched the screen.) I picked Hercules since Ellie hadn't seen it yet, and she loved it. Every time a song started she would say "the guy is singing!"

Poor little Nathan was having a hard night, so he mostly got to snuggle with me while the movie was on and go to bed early. Hopefully that doesn't mean he will wake up early...

Ellie keeps reminding me that after her nap tomorrow, we are going to pick up Daddy.

We can't wait! 

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You fix REAL meals when Daddy is gone. What a good Mom. I remember the mac and cheese nights when Grandpa was gone. It was an excuse not to cook. Anything with garlic in it is a REAL meal for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make up for the McDonald's we had on Monday and the quesadillas we had yesterday... Besides, we were all out of mac n' cheese. :)

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik