Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Summer is Coming!


Yesterday was a perfect Spring day. I took the kids for a walk in the afternoon, and it was the first time this year we could go out without jackets. Once we got outside and Ellie realized it was so warm, she said "Mom, is it summer?!" I think she has seen Frozen too many times.

After the kids and I went on that walk and realized how perfect it was, I decided that we were going to have a picnic at the park for dinner. 

So once Sam got home and changed and we got the kids ready, (it hasn't ceased to amaze me how LONG it takes to get our three kids out the door... Whew!) we headed to the park.


First we ate, then we fed the ducks. The entire time we were eating dinner Ellie kept telling me that we had to hurry and eat so we could go feed the ducks "because they are so hungry, Mom!"


Nathan wasn't quite sure what to think of the ducks, but I think he decided they were ok after all. He liked throwing bread in the water, if nothing else. 


Jonah and I were there, too. See? I'm a weenie when it comes to cold, so I had my jacket on even though nobody else did. I don't know if I will ever get over my Arizona blood!


After we fed the ducks, we went for a walk. They're skipping with Dad in ^ this picture.


The end destination for our walk? Why, the best place of course - the playground! Ellie was old enough last year that she remembers the park, but it's a whole new experience for Nathan. It was so fun to watch his excitement for every single new aspect of the playground. He's so short, though, that he can't get on anything by himself, so he would run up to something, try to get up, then turn around and say "Peeeeaaase!!!" so I would help him up.


Nathan wanted to do the monkey bars just like Ellie, and his face in the above picture cracks me up.


He was giggling like crazy because Sam would lift him up, and he would let go immediately. He thought he was pretty funny.


Sam was holding Nathan's hand, and Ellie grabbed onto Nathan's other hand because "him needs his big sister to hold his hand in the street."

I'm so glad my kids have such a great dad. They were having the time of their lives riding on his shoulders, skipping, and playing on the playground.

It's rainy and colder today, so I'm glad we could have a little teaser of what summer will be like. I can't wait!







1 comment:

  1. Lovely up and down weather we have. You are right. We have to enjoy it when we have it. Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik