Friday, March 11, 2016

A Date with My Girl

Ellie needed a new church dress, so we decided to make a date out of it, just her and I. Well, and Thomas got to come because, you know, nursing baby...

We were kind of in a hurry to get out of the house, so I threw my hair up in a bun and Ellie wanted the same thing. It's a lot cuter on her!


She was so incredibly excited to shop for a new dress! We went to Old Navy first because I had to exchange some things, and she had a blast looking in the mirror at herself and dancing around. I hope she can always retain the confidence she has now!




After Old Navy we ran to Target to look for dresses for her. They had a few cute options since it is getting close to Easter.


This one eventually won out:


She was very proud that she got to carry the bag.


After Target we stopped to feed Thomas. While he was eating, Ellie decided to explore the car and found some banana chips that Sam had in the glove compartment. She was thrilled that I let her eat in the car!


After that we stopped at Winco for groceries and then headed home. Apparently so much shopping is tiring! Especially when you get to skip naps to come.


It was fun to spend time in the car being able to pay complete attention to everything she was saying. (She loves to talk, and sometimes we have to let her brothers get a word in too!) 

On the way home she asked me if the next day was Sunday so she could wear her new dress to church, and when I told her it was, she screamed, "Yes!" and threw her arms up in the air. I love her excitement about life.

I am so glad my girl and I got to spend a little time doing "girl stuff" together, and I look forward to many more trips like it in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Tell Ellie I love her sparkly pink dress! Target always has great options. Also, you reminded me about how much I miss Winco!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik