Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Nap Time

Why are kids so stinking cute and lovable when they are sleeping?

Ellie has been sleeping down in the guest room for naps because she and Nathan have had a hard time falling asleep at nap time since they started sharing a room. Sometimes she plays for quite awhile before falling asleep, and sometimes she falls asleep quickly. Today she fell asleep really fast, but not before she tucked her babies in safely next to her.


Nathan plays "musical beds" at nap time each day. Sometimes he asks to sleep in his bed, sometimes on the floor, sometimes in Ellie's bed, but for some reason his favorite place to sleep for naps lately has been in his closet. 


We transferred Jonah to a toddler bed after I had Thomas because I couldn't lift him out of the crib, and the transition couldn't have gone more smoothly. He loves his big boy bed, though sometimes I find him sleeping with his blanket and pillow right next to his bedroom door. Today he wanted to eat lunch in his bed, and he didn't quite finish completely before he fell asleep.


Thomas has had a stuffy nose pretty much since he was born, (thank you winter and 3 older siblings!) but a few days ago he started to get even more stuffy, and now his eyes are goopy too, and he has a cough. It breaks my heart to watch him be so sick. He is just miserable. But at least he looks happy and peaceful when he is sleeping!


It's funny how whenever I check on my kids while they are sleeping I have this overwhelming feeling of love for them. Of course I love them when they are awake too, but there is just something special about sleeping kiddos.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of the Nose Frida? It works GREAT for getting the snot out of baby's nose without really bothering them. We have one for Penelope because she also was constantly having a runny nose when she was born too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another friend tell me about the nose frida too, but now that I have it from two trusted sources I will have to give it a try! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

 
Images by Freepik