Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Introducing "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"

     Two weekends ago Sam went on an overnight campout with the scouts, so I decided that for our traditional Friday night pizza/movie night I would introduce the kids to one of my favorite movies of all time: "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." I hadn't seen it since Sam and I were dating, and I still love the music just as much! It's just so, so good. 

     Anyway, I kind of thought the kids would be bored, and they were at first. Sam had told them a little bit about the movie, so for the first little while Ellie and Nathan kept asking "When is the guy going to put the girl over his shoulder?" But when it got to the part where Millie was teaching the brothers to dance, this is what they all did:


     From that point on, their eyes were glued to the screen. (Though I did make them back up.) Ellie didn't like the part where the brothers got into a fight with the other guys at the barn raising, but they all LOVED the barn raising dance.

     And Nathan had to copy the brothers when they were chopping wood:



     I am so glad they liked the movie! And I have to admit, it was much more fun for me to watch than some of the kid movies we usually watch on Friday nights... I find such great joy in sharing things that I love with my kids. I know they won't always appreciate the gesture, so I will take advantage of it while I can!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it is definitely one of the funnest movies ever! I've always loved it too. Lots of generations have loved it - even my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family used to watch this movie all the time! Did we ever watch it together? I didn't know you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family used to watch this movie all the time! Did we ever watch it together? I didn't know you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik