Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Sleep-Running Through the Tetons


I was going through my pictures today, and I found some from Sam's race this summer that I never posted.

He ran the Grand Teton Relay with some of his friends in August. The race is crazy: a group of 12 people get into 2 vans and run a relay of 180 miles from Ashton, Idaho to Jackson, Wyoming between the 12 of them from Friday morning to Saturday evening. Whew! It makes me tired just thinking about it.

Sam ran three legs. One at 9am on Friday, one at 1am that night, and one more on Saturday afternoon. We drove to Victor and watched him finish his last leg.

While he was gone on Friday we made him some signs, and I tried to get pictures of the little ones each of the kids made:





In case you couldn't tell, they were much more interested in running around like crazy people.

But hey, at least we got proof that we were all there together.


They got to run through some of the most beautiful parts of Idaho and Wyoming since the race went through the Tetons. They even recommend bear spray for some of the legs.... Hmmm. I wasn't so excited about that...


But Sam really enjoyed it, and his average mile times during the race were about a minute and a half faster than while he was training. He's just awesome like that.


Will he do it again next year? I guess we will see!

1 comment:

  1. Good for Sam. I admire anyone who enjoys running like that.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik