Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kindness is Powerful


I love this quote:

image from here.

     I think we sometimes forget that there is no need to be loud, forceful, demeaning, or coercive to be powerful. Often the greatest power or influence can be felt quietly - in a kind word, a thoughtful act of service, an understanding glance, a hug.

     I have never known a situation to be made better by unkindness, but I have felt the opposite to be true many, many times. 

    After all, "What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?" 
                  -Jean Jacques Rousseau 

     Find the rest of Dallin H. Oaks' talk here.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, You have always exemplified kindness in everything that you do. What a great example you are. Love you and I can't wait to see you tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alisa! And I love how President Monson frequently admonishes us to be kind in his closing addresses at conference, just as President Hinckley did. Must be important right now.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik