Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Grandma Tucker's Turn


While my grandpa was hunting, we decided to take a trip to Twin Falls to see my grandma. I didn't take very many pictures to prove it, but we had so much fun!

We spent lots of time looking through my grandma's hope chest/family history binders, making treats, playing with the kids, and just talking. 

The kids had just as much fun as I did.


Grandma was so patient while she showed them each of her collectible boxes.


She had cleaned out her toy cupboard right before we came, so the kids got to keep a few things. They were really excited about it, and they still carry those toys around and tell me that they are from Grandma. Ellie calls this crocheted Grover "Gilbert," and it cracks me up.


We found a picture of Gran D in her baby book!


And of course Grandma had to get some story time in. It was funny to hear Ellie's confusion as she heard some of the New Testament names since they are names of her siblings, cousins, uncles, etc. I guess that's something we need to work on distinguishing between!


Grandma and I were really excited to take the kids outside to jump in the leaves... But they were much more interested in raking them into a giant pile.


We had to force them into the pile, and even then they didn't enjoy it all that much. Strange. What kid doesn't like jumping in leaf piles?


But overall we had a great time. I'm so glad I could spend that time alone with my Grandma.

3 comments:

  1. It was so fun to see you and your kiddos! They get cuter (I didn't know that was possible) each time I see them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pleasure was all mine. Hard to believe that my wonderful granddaughter wants to come and spend time with an old woman. I LOVED your visit. Come anytime!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik