Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Jonah Turns Three!

Our Jonah turned three a couple of weeks ago! I can't believe he is that old, but at the same time it feels like he has been part of our family for much longer than that. 


The day before his birthday we went to the store to pick out a cake. I'm not a fancy cake baker or decorator, but at this point in life the kids don't seem to mind. It took him about 15 minutes of looking at each of the boxes to decide. Tough decision!


The winner!

On the morning of his birthday he chose eggs for breakfast. Easy to please!


When I asked him later on in the day what he wanted for dinner he said, "Eggs!" I reminded him that we had eggs for breakfast, and he still said he wanted eggs... But I asked him if he would want quesadillas instead and he was on board with that. He sure gave us an easy day of cooking!


We opened presents and did cake after dinner. I love these pictures of the kids because they portray their excitement about the whole thing.


I love how magical kids' birthdays are when they are little! Though Tommy doensn't look all that pleased in this picture... Too funny!

After dinner we went to our ward dance. Jonah was convinced that this was his "birthday party" since it was on his birthday. 


The pictures are all super dark, but the kids all had a great time! Ellie wanted to wear this dress since it twirls, and she pretty much spent the whole time twirling around.


Nathan wanted me to take a picture of him with the award he was given. It's a pretty bad picture lighting wise, and his face is funny because he was surprised by the flash, but I wanted to document it because he was SO excited about this award! He ran around showing it to all of his friends.


Nathan, Ellie and Jonah kept taking turns asking me to dance with them, which was really fun!


The older kids had a great time participating in the dance off, doing the limbo, and just generally running around with their friends, but I was completely surprised by Tommy! After he initially warmed up to the atmosphere he asked us to put him down and he kept dancing and dancing and dancing! He literally didn't stop dancing the entire time we were there. It was so cute to watch him spin around and try to jump.

As we got in the car to leave I asked Jonah how his birthday was, and he said, "I love my birthday!" We are so glad that he is part of our family and that we got to celebrate him on his special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik