Thursday, April 6, 2017

Baby Brubaker #5

On Tuesday I went in for my 20-week ultrasound, and we were so excited and surprised to find out that Baby is a girl! 


She seems to be developing normally, and she weighed an estimated 10 oz - which put her in the 16th percentile. The ultrasound tech didn't seem worried, especially when I told her that a few of my babies have measured in similar percentiles at 20 weeks.


Since Sam comes from a family of all boys and Ellie is the only granddaughter out of 12 grandchildren on that side, we were very surprised when the tech said we were having another girl!

After the tech finished making sure the baby was healthy I asked her to go back and double check to make sure Baby was still a girl... (silly I know) and yep, definitely a girl!

When I picked my kids up after the appointment they couldn't stop asking whether the baby was a boy or a girl - especially Ellie - but Sam and I wanted to tell them in a way that would make it fun for them, so they had to wait until after Sam got off of work and I got finished with my piano class to find out!

Our kids think balloons are the greatest things on earth, so we decided that colored balloons would be a fun way to tell them the news! We told them that pink would mean girl and blue would mean boy. 


Ellie was so excited to see a pink balloon in her bag! She had been hoping this baby would be a sister for quite awhile, and her wish finally came true.

When Nathan saw his balloon he excitedly exclaimed, "It's a baby girl in Mom's belly!"

Jonah said, "My blue balloon is pink!" (I think someone was pretty set on a little brother!)

Unfortunately Tommy's balloon popped as I was getting it out of the car... Oh well! He was happy with the string, though he wondered where his balloon was when the other kids opened theirs! 

The pictures aren't pinterest-worthy. The kids aren't dressed in coordinating outfits - heck Ellie is wearing mismatched socks! But this imperfectly wonderful family is all mine, and I love this preserved moment in time!

We are so grateful that Baby is healthy, and we are beyond thrilled to welcome another little girl into our family in August! Bring on the pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik