Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March's Recap

Here we are with the last monthly recap, then I can get back to regular posts!


Every so often Jonah requests updates in picture form on how his ear is healing since he can't see it. This was on March 1. It is looking so much better now! (...and so is his scraggly hair! Luckily haircuts happened on Saturday!)


After Ellie and the boys dressed up as animals for Dr. Seuss's birthday week, Nathan requested another day of animal face painting. I couldn't turn him down!



"Dress Like an Old Person" Day at school.


I snapped this picture during Nathan's nap because I thought it was funny how he had his hands clasped. He and Jonah have to be separated at nap time if I ever want them to actually sleep, so Nathan sleeps on my bedroom floor and thinks it is quite the privilege.


Grandpa came to town, and this is the only picture I took of the whole weekend. Bummer. But we had a great time! We took the kids to open gym, played at the park, ate way too much, and generally had a good time.


Thomas tried out the stroller bike for the first time and he wasn't quite sure what to think of it! He liked playing outside for one of the first times since last fall, but I think the moving handlebars scared him. It was pretty cute to watch!


Ellie proudly told me, "Mom, come look what I did!"


She had measured her dolls on our growth chart and written their names next to their heights.


I just couldn't bring myself to be mad with how excited she was!


I originally planned to take the magic eraser to the board when she had forgotten about it, but decided not to since I actually think it's kind of cute and I'm sure I will like looking back on my doll-loving little girl once she has outgrown that phase. I asked her to tell me what the names of her dolls were (she changes them daily) and they are: Nan (nan), Smelly (selme) and Bella (bele). As a side note, Sam sometimes jokingly calls Ellie "Smelly" since it rhymes with her name, so I'm sure that's where she got that one!


Nathan dressed himself for preschool and I loved the socks with sandals combination so much and he was so proud of himself that I had to take a picture and just let him go like that.


Picture day at school. It was quite the feat to get her not to wear her fancy church dress and snow boots!


I love this little note that Ellie brought home from school so much! It's on the fridge.


On Sunday Ellie requested to have her hair curled, and she kept looking in the mirror and smiling at herself.


She couldn't stop twirling and saying how beautiful she looked. I hope she can always keep that same self-confidence!


And I am so grateful that the weather has been warming up! (It's 50 degrees on the warm days)
 I love watching my kids play together outside. Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik