Tuesday, March 28, 2017

February's Recap

In the winter months when it's too cold to go outside our family has a Saturday tradition of going to the BYU-Idaho Center. The kids love to run on the track and play basketball there, but I think my favorite part is when we walk past all of the pictures by Carl Bloch that are on display in the hall. The pictures are in order of Christ's life, and the kids have learned quite a bit about the Savior's life from those pictures alone.


I love to hear Tommy say, "Jesus" when he looks at each painting. And I love the above picture because it gives a small glimpse into what an attentive, caring big sister Ellie is. She is always making sure her little brothers are safe and following the rules.


Jonah cracks me up in this ^ picture with his head tilted back so far. 


The boys are so funny admiring this painting with their hands behind their backs!


Jonah was quite interested that this is a painting of the apostle Thomas. He couldn't quite wrap his head around the apostle's name being Thomas and his brother's name being Thomas. He kept saying, "There's two Thomas's?!"


For months Nathan has told me about this duck toy at preschool that says "Aflac." One day when I went to pick him up he asked me to take a picture of it to show to Ellie and Jonah, and his teacher said, "He sure loves that toy. He can keep it." Wow, was he ever excited! This is him explaining to me how it works.


At Ellie's school they are rewarded for good behavior with "Hawk Bucks" that they get to spend on Fridays. She bought these glasses awhile ago, and Tommy kept asking me to put them on him, then he would walk away proudly to show Ellie.


Poor little Jonah had a mishap with his ear. He was walking into his room to get dressed as I walked into the room next to it to grab diapers, and as soon as I opened the closet I heard a crash and then Jonah crying his real, hurt cry. He is usually extremely tough (seriously... he hardly ever cries when he gets hurt), so I could tell by his cry that he was really hurt. I ran into his room and he was laying on the ground in a heap. By the way he was laying I thought he had broken his arm or something, and when I picked him up there was blood on his back. I asked him where it hurt and he pointed to his ear, which I hadn't seen yet since I was looking at his arms, and these pictures don't do the injury justice. Apparently he had tripped and hit his ear on the metal bed frame, and it had kind of taken a chunk out of his ear. Yuck. The spot behind his ear had also been hit super hard - it was a giant goose egg that you can't see very well in the pictures.


I tried to get him to rest by laying on his bed, by snuggling with me and putting ice on it, by reading stories on my lap, etc., but he wouldn't have any of it. He wanted to keep playing! So I guess he recovered pretty quickly! Poor little guy. I am so glad it wasn't any worse!


For the week of Dr. Seuss's birthday Ellie's school celebrated by having each day be a different dress up day. She chose to be a leopard for animal dress up day, (don't mind my lack of artistic skills with the eyeliner!) and of course her brothers couldn't be left out!


Roar!


This is probably boring for everyone else, but it is one of those things I like to look back on and remember. I took this on February 28 because I was so excited that it was going to get up to the 40's! Once the snow starts melting it always makes me excited because I know Spring is coming.

Okay, one more month of updates and I can get back to regular posts! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik