Thursday, March 2, 2017

November's Recap - Part 1

I have tons of pictures from November, so I will break them up into two posts.

Here we go!


I came out of Walmart with my kids, I noticed someone (cough, cough, Ellie) had drawn a person on the Suburban...Time for a car wash!


These boys love to play the piano. When it was new they wanted to play it constantly, (along with the other two kids) but now the novelty has worn off a little bit and they only play it occasionally (or when I sit down to practice. For some reason that seems like the opportune time to play...)


Sleepy boy! It was too difficult to finish his sandwich I guess.


Over those summer and fall months Nathan was quite the little mess maker: one of his shenanigans when he was supposed to be sleeping. I'm not sure what I was doing to miss this while it was happening??? Luckily he hasn't made a big mess like this in quite awhile! Knock on wood, but I think he may be out of that phase! Or maybe he just got sick of vaccuuming up his messes? Yeah, we will go with that.






We were so blessed with a nice, long fall! Playing at the park in November with just a light sweatshirt? Miracle!


I'm not sure why Ellie wouldn't smile. Silly girl!


The boy in the batman pajamas and mask had Jonah and a few other little boys captivated. They couldn't stop looking!


Wow, he sure has gotten taller since then!


Sam was out of town and requested a selfie. I love this picture - look at Ellie's face! So funny!


Jonah woke up screaming and unreasonable after only about 20 minutes of his nap, and the only thing that would console him was snuggling in my bed. Poor guy!


My little Nathan boy. He loves when he is the first one to wake up from naps before Ellie gets home from school! He gets some mom time all for himself.


Ellie brought these pretty leaves inside that she found as she was walking home from the bus stop.


I had forgotten how much she LOVED the pretty colors of the fall leaves. She would constantly bring  red, yellow and orange leaves to me and she couldn't stop talking about how pretty they were. (And again with the funny close-mouthed smile... I don't know what's up with that!)


Blurry picture, but I sure love this happy little boy!


Jonah went through a phase where he didn't want to wear his regular sweatshirt, he only wanted to wear the top to his dragon costume. Sure, why not? I secretly think it is cute!


Sam was gone for 10 days in November, but luckily Tami and Adam were living with us at the time and they were a huge help.


I took the kids to Porter's to look around (gotta do something when it's cold outside!) and contemplated fabric for Tommy's stocking... Which never happened this year. Whoops!


My sister-in-law was so sweet and spoiled Ellie and Nathan by taking them to dinner and a movie one night while Sam was gone, and I had a coupon for a free buffet at Pizza Pie Cafe and Jonah and Tommy are so young they eat free too, so we decided to make a little date of it. I cannot even describe how giddy and happy Jonah was to have me pretty much all to himself.


(Tommy had a good time too)


But seriously, Jonah couldn't stop telling me everything on his mind, and for awhile he just laid down on my lap and continued talking. I'm so glad he had such a great time!


My boys love to go to Walmart and "look at the animals." It's another way we kill time when it's cold outside.


Ellie requested to have her hair straightened for school, then of course we had to send pictures to daddy, who was still out of town!


Nathan couldn't be left out of the picture.


Jonah fell asleep on the stair like this.


What in the world?! Kids can sleep in some pretty weird positions!


A friend and I took our kids to a trampoline gym for toddler time, and they had so much fun!


Unfortunately these are the only pictures I took.


Look at that gigantic egg our turken (cross between a turkey and a chicken)
laid! Usually it lays eggs the same size as the other chickens' eggs, but wow!


Nathan left all of his treasures by the door for easy access after naps. He LOVED that stick he found at the park!


Another case of Nathan traveling so he could nap. He went through a phase where he REALLY didn't like to sleep in his own bed. And as long as he slept, I didn't care where or how many toys he was surrounded with!


I thought this would be fun to document - Ellie's sometimes-backwards numbers.


I went out to feed the chickens and this little guy had to keep an eye on me (Ignore the filthy window. It never stays clean for long with all of the little fingers we have around here!)


I couldn't wait until after Thanksgiving to start decorating for Christmas - it was fun to get all of the nativities out of the box in the basement!


And of course I couldn't forget a picture of my cute pilgrim girl in the hat and necklace she made at school.


She wore that hat so much! And just the other day she had to throw it away since it got ripped. Three months? That's pretty impressive if you ask me!

More to come from November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik