Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Day in the Life of Nathan


Our little Nathan is all boy. He loves to explore and climb all of a sudden, and it is sure giving me a run for my money!

I decided to take pictures of some of his antics yesterday to show Sam when he got home from work. I got most of them, but before I started taking pictures he had already successfully climbed up on the bathroom counter, turned on the water, and washed his hands and feet (and head, and tummy, etc).

I stripped him down so I could get him dressed for the day, and before I could catch him he had climbed into the bath, plugged it, and turned on the water. He didn't mind that it was freezing. Apparently I'm going to have to be lots more vigilant about helping Ellie remember to shut the door after she uses the bathroom.


He was quite pleased with himself.


I got him dressed and he decided to climb on the table and finish off Ellie's toast. She was not so happy about that. (Funny side note about his shirt: he's convinced it's Jonah's because it's a onesie. Every time I put it on him he points to the front and says "Jonah.")


He loves to climb in the drawer that has the plastic dishes in it. I try to remember that it's not that big of a deal because that's why those dishes are down there in the first place, so they are constantly strewn across the floor.


And I guess he can't hurt the spoons either.


While I was feeding Jonah he found the suckers we keep on the top of the shelf next to the window he's sitting on: he ate quite a few, but he was nice enough to save one for Ellie...


And then while I was putting Jonah down for a nap, Ellie got the oatmeal out for him, because apparently I don't feed him enough. :)


Tornado? Nope, just my Nathan! :)


I started cleaning up the oatmeal while he looked out the window, and I noticed this:


The whole reason I put him in the onesie is because he has learned to take his pants and diapers off, but he can't get to the snaps on the onesie. I guess it doesn't matter though because he figured out how to undo his diapers without undoing the snaps on his shirt.
So I changed his clothes since taking his diaper cover off had made him soak through his clothes, I gave the kids stuff to color with, and I went back to cleaning up the oatmeal.

Not very long after that Ellie came to tell me that he was eating chalk.


And they decided it would be a good idea to color on the window, so they got to clean that up.


I am pretty dang tired after cleaning up after this little boy all day long, but I sure love him. 


And it's a good thing he's so darn cute when he gets into trouble!

So today, Instead of staying home, we started the day out with a trip to the park so he could get some of his energy out, which was nice because he could climb on anything he wanted! 


And, lest you think he is always crazy, here is this picture (that I can't figure out how to rotate):


He's pretty dang sweet too.

Oh, wait.... I just discovered this:


You can guess where he is now:


If only he realized that cleaning it up is a punishment.....

3 comments:

  1. That boy! I just love him! Let him come tear up my house for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good thing the Lord gives us these little darlings when we are young. I got tired just thinking about cleaning up after him. They grow up so fast so it's good you document everything so well. The memories you have will be cherished. Love all the pictures and love that boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan got the Vasoline once...sadly, that was not my worst mess but certainly the longest lasting! That couch was never the same...
    I love the pictures and the blogging!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik