Thursday, August 28, 2014

I'm Rocking My Baby, and Babies Don't Keep.


We went to the library this morning, and since school started yesterday and story time hasn't started yet for the fall, we had the entire place pretty much to ourselves. The kids were so happy!


There are 6 computers for the kids, two of which are touch screens. Ellie hasn't quite figured out how to use a mouse, so she is much better at the touch screens, but there has always been someone using them when we have been there. Today must have been her lucky day though - she got to use it for as long as she wanted because  there was nobody else waiting. Once I showed her how to navigate through the game, she played on her own for quite awhile.


The kids were pretty excited about the new sucker fish in the fish tank.


Nathan has no idea how to use the computers, but he still insists on banging on the keyboard. Good thing they're durable.


The kids love to sit and read books on the bean bags. Nathan was pointing to the pink one saying "Ellie chair."


The past few times we have been to the library Ellie has wanted to check out Cinderella, but it has been checked out. Like I said, today must have been her lucky day. She got to check it out, and she was so excited about it!


She woke up before the boys and asked if she could watch Cinderella. Of course I couldn't say no! I took her downstairs and turned it on for her, then went back upstairs to finish cleaning the bathrooms. I was in the mode, and I was going to get lots of cleaning done! But as I was cleaning I thought of her excitement about the movie. So I decided that I should go down with her, and share in her excitement. Besides, who doesn't love a good princess movie? In true princess fashion, I brought down some nail polish, and we painted nails and watched the movie together. (Ignore the mess in the back ground. Sam and I are in the middle of cleaning out our storage room, and we only get to a little bit each night after the kids are asleep.)


She chose purple for both of us, and as I painted her nails she kept saying "I love purple! It's my favorite color!" 


She told me all about the movie and asked questions. I loved watching her eyes light up as she watched the magic of the story. I'm so glad I took the opportunity to quit cleaning and to spend the afternoon with my girl instead.



She won't be small forever.

1 comment:

  1. So true. I have all the time I want now to clean, with no interruptions. Don't even have to wait until nap time if I want to sew. But when I get a visit from children or grandchildren, I drop everything else because they are so much more important.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik