Friday, August 29, 2014

The Prettiest Princess.


The other morning I was in a hurry to get the kids out the door. In all honestly, I usually am in a hurry to get out the door. You would think I would have figured out how long it takes to get three kids ready by now, but I'm constantly underestimating, so we are pretty much always late. 

Anyway, as I was trying to get the kids out the door, I asked Ellie to get her shoes on while I got Nathan's shoes on. She went over to the big basket of shoes and instead pulled out a pair of my high heels and proudly came out for me to see. I impatiently told her to stop messing around, and to get her shoes on. I saw in her eyes that I had hurt her feelings, but I hurried the kids out to the car anyway. 

I felt bad for the rest of the day about our interaction that morning, so I decided that I would let her play dress up with my clothes and shoes. She was absolutely in heaven. 





Little brother had to join in the fun!


She loves that black and white striped maxi dress of mine. Every time I wear it she tells me it's my princess dress, and if I give her the opportunity to pick what I wear to church, she picks that dress every time.


Even princesses have to stick their tongues out sometimes.


The aftermath:



I'm so glad I took the afternoon to let my little girl feel beautiful. I know she won't think my clothes are cool forever!

2 comments:

  1. Three kids ARE hard to get going. But you'll have it mastered before #4 comes along, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you inspire me to be a better mom!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik