Thursday, June 6, 2013

I Kinda Like My Family

     My family is pretty awesome. We haven't been up to much out of the ordinary lately, but sometimes ordinary is great. 


We went to the Nature Park to feed the ducks. Ellie was in heaven! The entire way to the park she clutched her two pieces of bread and said "Ducks huuuuuun-gryyyy!" She loves to throw the bread to the ducks, but she doesn't like them getting too close to her. I can't say I blame her for that one!


Just looking cute after getting his belly filled. (Don't mind the pink bumbo...) We officially have two food-loving kids in our family. Recently Nathan has eaten a whole jar of baby food mixed into rice cereal each morning and night. He's definitely chunking right up because of it.


Ellie and Nathan both LOVE their dad. When he comes home from work they both just light up. Ellie asks all day to either talk to dad on the phone, or when he's going to be home. He's clearly the interesting parent. :)


This little man has learned a new trick! Over the past few days he has mastered the army crawl, and he's FAST! We had to put the baby gate up, which his sister is not so happy about since she can't go up and down the stairs freely. But just today he started getting up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth... I think full on crawling is in our near future! (I took a video, but it wouldn't let me upload it. Lame. Cause he's stinking cute.)


Ellie with a drumstick a few weeks ago. She was loving it. (In case you couldn't tell by how much she has on her face) She even ate the cone, which she doesn't normally do with ice cream. It probably had something to do with the fact that it's lined with chocolate... :)


We've been really struggling with Ellie lately with the whole "battle of wills" thing. She is a two-year-old after all... But I made this little picture chore chart for her because I noticed she does well with consistent schedules, and it has worked wonders! She knows what she has to do in the morning before she can play, and what she has to do before bed. She loves to point to each picture and tell me what they mean, hence the bent corners and finger prints. I'm not perfectly consistent with her, and I'm not saying she never throws a fit (because the would be FAR from the truth), but things are getting better.

     Not a terribly interesting post today, but I think it's good for me to keep these records, even just for myself! So there we go, another post into blog land!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik