Tuesday, June 25, 2013

We Went on a Date - Finally!

     Friday morning was a tough one around here. When the kids went down for a nap I laid down for a nap too. I was exhausted. And I was still pouting. I know, poor me, right? Anyway, this was the conversation I woke up to:


My mood totally changed after the "we are going on a date" part. I can't even tell you how excited I was. It had been way too long since the last time we went out. We ended up going out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Idaho Falls. (You know it's a fancy date when you trek all the way from Rexburg to Idaho Falls...)


Then we changed into comfortable clothes and went to the drive-in movies to see Man of Steel. Eh, not that impressed with the movie, but it was fun to sit in the back of the car and watch the movie huddled up in blankets with no interruption.


This was our view. Yep, Sam parked in the perfect spot. I think the line from Finding Nemo fits here perfectly: Marlin: "Did your man deliver, or did he deliver?" Coral: "He delivered!" I think we've watched one too many Disney/Pixar movies around here.

     The movie didn't get over until 12:30, and it was fun to be out late like that. We haven't done that in awhile. We had lots of fun being together, and we've already decided what we are going to do for our next date night.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Jealous! I want to go on a date! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I'm me, I'm going to say that I hope you made out in the backseat of your car like teenagers--just because! :) haha, Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik